Sunday, December 30, 2007

Some Music

My friend Shane introduced me to this cool music site - see the very bottom of this page for the playlist I made. Some random songs I like at the moment. Thanks, Shane!

At around 10pm Beth tried to convince me to watch Harry Potter (the new one I got her) again (we just watched it two days ago). Frankly, though, I was a bit dissatisfied with the movie, and while there were a few scenes I liked, I'm a much bigger fan of the books than the films. There's this TLC marathon on of women picking out wedding dresses; "Say Yes to the Dress." I watched it for a little while, but then got more interested in making that playlist. Friends in England sent us an email; I read it over a bowl of cereal. Nice to hear from them. Mom was talking to her sister on Skype—she, my aunt, and my uncle are now on their way to Florida (they're in Massachusetts right now overnighting... Haverhill, I think). I'm a little bit jealous, but they have left us all their food, so I'll get over it.

Beth and I have a mutual friend whom we've both known for a few years, Nathan. He's 17, where Beth's 20, and I'm 22. He's quite mature for his age, we could really bring him anywhere. Anyway, seeing as how Beth and I can buy alcohol, and he can't, we've been roped into buying stuff for him and a friend for this big New Year's Eve party Nathan's hosting. His parents are cool with the party, but they'll be at a neighbor's house for the night. I think it's kind of a "at least this way we'll know where you are and we’ll be nearby if you need us" mentality. They know he drinks, thankfully, and they seem to trust him. So, where normally I'm a pretty rule-abiding guy, I think in this case I can stomach picking up some beer and whatever else for him without compromising my self-concept. I seriously think that my group of friends and I were the only kids in high school to not drink underage. And I had a good time!

No comments: